Kejriwal’s Party Candidates Twice as Rich in a Year, Says Report
1. On an average AAP candidates this time are more than twice as rich as they were in December 2013. Average assets per candidate in the Congress has declined from Rs. 14.25 crore toRs. 9.60 crores, in the BJP from Rs. 8.29 crore to Rs. 7.96 crores. But in the AAP it grew from Rs. 2.49 crore to rs 5.89 crore.
2. The AAP – which owes its birth to a campaign for clean politics – matches its rivals on candidates with criminal cases too. AAP has more candidates with criminal cases at 23 (11 with serious charges)
3. 17 per cent of the total candidates have criminal case against them, 11 per cent have serious criminal cases against them. ADR has sounded a “red alert” for 19 constituencies in Delhi which have at least three candidates with declared criminal cases.
4. AAP has 44 of 70 candidates as declared “crorepatis.”
5. In the list of top 5 candidates with incomes more than one crore a year declared in Income tax returns are two from AAP and one each from the Akali Dal, the BJP and the Congress.
The Congress is fielding candidates for all 70 seats as is AAP. The BJP has 69 candidates and its ally the Akali Dal has one.
Elections will be held in Delhi on February 7 and votes will be counted on February. ADR has analysed election affadavits filed by the 673 candidates in the fray.